Thursday, August 15, 2013

gin bucks

I can't remember the last time I made my own cocktail. Oh, well, yes I do, it was when we visited my parents on the mystical San Juan Island. It's pretty wonderful there, all you want to do is stick a piece of hay in your front teeth, kick off your shoes, and sit in a rowboat with the love of your life. It's pretty nice, I'm just saying.



Anyways, I've recently fell in love with Moscow Mules. They're refreshing, summery, and can put you right to sleep after one or two. My favorite one can be found at The Sexton these days.

Moscow Mules are made with vodka but the favorite cousin is a gin buck. Lime, ginger beer, mint, and gin. That's it!




(this is chocolate mint!)



Ingredients:

for two cocktails-
1-2 shots of gin, per drink
1/2 lime, squeezed and sliced
1 tbsp. mint (I used chocolate mint!), sliced and crushed in your glass (so the juices release)
2 c. ginger beer

                                 

Method:

Roughly chop your mint leaves and place in the bottom of your glass. Add gin, lime, and mix around with a teaspoon or some snazzy cocktail tool, pressing your mint against the side of the glass. Next, pour in your ginger beer and top with a few ice cubes. And... insta-relaxation!

1 comment:

  1. momscorner1@yahoo.comAugust 18, 2013 at 2:47 PM

    Very sweet commentary and lovely pictures (especially the hand with the mint!. The drinks were delightful, as I remember.

    ReplyDelete