Monday, November 12, 2012

Chocolate Avocado Pudding

I hope you all had a lovely weekend, and, if you are off today, are thinking about our Veterans. We can never thank them, pray for them, or think of them enough!

I made this easy, simple, and relatively healthy dessert a month or so ago, before we moved. It is so lovely and delicious, I promise you'll love it! While it is more suited to warmer weather, (at least I like warm food in the fall and winter), you could melt some chocolate instead of the cocoa powder, and that may warm things up!  I added homemade whipped cream, which of course, makes everything tastier.

Recipe, courtesy of This Chick Cooks.

Ingredients:

  • 1 avocado, soft and ripe
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1/4 cup cocoa powder
  • 1/4 cup grade b maple syrup
  • 6 tablespoons milk (coconut, cow or any type of milk you prefer)
Method:
Cut avocado in half and remove pit. Scoop out flesh and put in in the blender along with remaining ingredients. Process until smooth, occasionally scraping down sides. Serve immediately or refrigerate until you're ready to serve.






Hope you're all thinking of Thanksgiving treats, I know I am!


No comments:

Post a Comment