Monday, August 20, 2012

Grilled Peaches and Plums with Yogurt Honey Sauce


Tonight was a warm, blustery evening. All day I’ve been thinking about making some yummy low(er) carb dinner and dessert. Well, I did well with the dinner, but in traditional Kathleen style, let’s do dessert first!

This is sounds so very simple, but in all honesty, about a year ago, I wouldn’t have put all the earthy and sweet flavors together. Being married and cooking for two has opened up all sorts of opportunities for my cooking flair. I’m much more adventurous and rather than heat up a Gardenburger and some frozen yogurt and call it good, I’ll spend more time planning and developing a meal.

While I’ve always loved baking, cooking was truly something I didn’t spend as much time on. But just give me some protein, a carbohydrate, and some salt, and you never know what I might come up with. I love that cooking allows me to feel creative just by creating edible art. At least some people might call it art.

These grilled peaches & plums remind me of summer and lately my obsession with greek yogurt has led me to plop it almost everything. So hence, the inspiration.

Since we aren’t allowed to have a barbecue grill on our deck, something about “fire hazards” (pshhh), I just warmed up our George Foreman, and you have all the benefits of grilled fruit in a jiffy.

Ingredients:
2-3 firm peaches, sliced, washed & unpeeled
2-3 red plums, sliced, washed & unpeeled
Honey
Greek yogurt
Lemon juice

First slice the fruit in small, medium bite sized pieces. Douse with a little honey, about a teaspoon.

Shut the top of the grill and let sit for about 10 minutes.

 


Let the grilled fruit sit in it’s juices for a little while, then spoon some greek yogurt on the side. Drizzle with honey and fresh lemon juice. Feel free to enjoy during a warm sunset.


One thought on “Grilled Peaches & Plums with Honey Yogurt Sauce”



Your dish looks so summer-like and healthy. I love your writing and it really is art!! So happy that you find joy in the simple pleasures of life, good for you and husband, also.

No comments:

Post a Comment