Monday, August 20, 2012

Slow Cooker Banana Oatmeal



Two posts in one night! I must have done something right with the strength of my coffee this morning! This is honestly, in 25 years of living, one of the best breakfasts I have ever made. Emphasis on “I”, because nothing beats my mom’s cream of wheat with butter and brown sugar. Nothing.
I came across this recipe on the back side of the oat container I picked up at the grocery store the other day. On a whim, I threw the ingredients in the slow cooker, and Voila!, deliciousness. It has been husband approved, and Molly, our dog, sniffed with interest.
Ingredients:
3 cups of milk, I used non-fat
2 cups of oats, not quick/instant oats or minute oats, just regular oats
1/8 tsp. of salt
2 tbsp. brown sugar
2 ripe bananas, chopped into bite size pieces
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 cup plain yogurt
*Feel free to add any type of fruit and spices you’d like, my next hankering is for apple/cinnamon…yummm.

Put all the ingredients in the slow cooker, on the low heat setting, for about 1.5 hours. Top with yogurt and be ready for an extremely productive day!

No comments:

Post a Comment