Monday, August 20, 2012

Sangria


Ah, sangria. That delectable mix of fruit and wine. This sangria is a concoction from who knows where. I think I looked at a recipe a long time ago, which must have been where I got the idea for this particular mixture. However, I consider this my own recipe, because of what I add to it.
Sangria is perfect for those nights when you want a relaxing drink, but you don’t want a cocktail, and you don’t want wine. (I know, hard to imagine a night where you wouldn’t want one of either.)






This recipe has been popular in particular with my father, who has been known to run out to the store and return with about 3 bottles of wine, just so I could make more. It’s pretty good, I’m not going to lie to you. I have yet to try making white sangria, which sounds just as delicious and refreshing. When I do, I’ll let you know.

Ingredients:

Makes 4-5 glasses
4 c. of red wine, I use Rex Goliath “Free Range Red”, because it’s inexpensive and it’s a basic red wine.
1-1 1/2 c. ginger ale
1 lemon, sliced
1 lime, sliced, saving one slice for garnish
1 orange, sliced
Optional additions: strawberries or raspberries (or you could go crazy with blueberries!)
2 shots gin (I add more when it’s Friday night)
2 c. ice

Method:


First, it’s a good idea to set your bottle of Rex Goliath in the refrigerator so it can chill. No one likes warm sangria. Then, add wine and juices from your squeezed lemon, orange, and lime. Top off with ginger ale.
Give it a good stir, add the ice cubes, and let chill in your refrigerator (if you can resist) for about 15 minutes.



Enjoy on a warm summer night with friends & family!

No comments:

Post a Comment